Tax Numbers

Providing you with tax number assistance around the world

For anyone wanting to work in their home country or abroad, it’s essential to have a tax number. Tax numbers are issued by governments and used to keep track of citizens at work, and to make sure that their tax contribution is correct and up-to-date. You’ll need a tax number when applying for just about any position in a foreign country, from banking to hospitality, and even studying; and if you fail to request one, you may find yourself being unfairly taxed at the highest rate, or unable to gain employment in the first place.

As well as being used to pay tax, tax numbers are important should you need to receive government benefits, tax breaks or discounts, and loans. In some countries you will even need a tax number to set up a utility bill account. People often ask us the best way to apply for tax numbers and how they can do this internationally. My Finance Advisor can take care of any applications for you and provide you with tax numbers for:

• Australia
• New Zealand
• Canada

We can also help you navigate the difficulties of tax systems and laws in foreign countries and languages, and ensure that your tax number application is successful. In the UK, we’re used to a tax number being called a National Insurance number, but they have different names and levels of difficulty in obtaining them in foreign countries.

In the US, their tax number is called a Social Security Number and in Canada, it’s a Social Insurance Number. Our international team have extensive experience in applying for tax numbers throughout the world and do this on a daily basis. Because we understand that all things tax can be rather taxing, we can take care of the entire process for you, just by taking down some personal details.

The main issue with tax numbers is to make sure that you have one. Many people erroneously believe that if they change their jobs or lose their numbers, they will need a new tax number, but tax numbers are almost always assigned for life and we will always hold your information and numbers on our secure server so you don’t have to worry about where you left your details.

Many expatriates working abroad leave the country without filing a tax return that could have been worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars. We can assist anyone who needs a tax number, has a tax contribution query, or wants to request a tax refund. We can also arrange tax numbers for corporations to assign to their employees when working overseas on contract. So if you’re working abroad or about to be, then contact us today. We’re ready to take over your taxes.